Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
abbie  
#21 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 5:20:06 AM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

Cojok I should note that I mean 50% -65% of the actual run time..is ok
Cujok  
#22 Posted: : Monday, September 15, 2008 12:42:57 PM(UTC)
Cujok

Groups: Registered

Sounds good Abbie. I'll keep an eye on it. It just seems to me that setting the thermostat at 1.5 is low. I believe it was originally set higher when the problem started and I turned it down to see if it would shut off and since the temperature was 2 degrees I left it at that. I thought thermostats are usually set at about 2.5 to 3.

I also don't understand how cycle times can go from 16 min on and 9 off to 21 on and 10.5 off after correcting the problem with the door not sealing all the way.
Cujok  
#23 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 7:52:30 AM(UTC)
Cujok

The freezer had been doing good since the last post but then again I haven't been opening it alot. I just opened and put some items in it. It was open for all of 10 seconds. It sounded like it was running but I don't think the compressor was actually on. After I closed it I heard the compressor kick on and then off again just like it did the very first time I started this thread. I felt the coils that are on the back side of the unit and they were not hot which tells me the compressor wasn't running before I opened it. I guess it was just the fan inside that was running. I just waited and the compressor kicked on again and again it shut off. It seems like the overload switch was keeping it from staying on. I let it try one more time and the same thing happened. I unplugged the freezer from the wall and let the compressor cool down for five minutes. At about 3 minutes I heard a relay click. After five minutes I plugged it back in and it started running no problem. It ran for about 25 minutes and that's where I am now. Any suggestions?
Zanshin  
#24 Posted : Sunday, September 28, 2008 10:48:51 AM(UTC)
Zanshin

Just a quick add to Cujok,

The start device the component attached to the compressor most likely looks like a large black box or even a large white square, if it's the white one, find a replacement! They have had alot of failures and will only continue to worsen, The "clicking" you hear is that relay resetting itself after it senses either a high amperage or high temperature condition, not always a concern since it is protecting the compressor, but if cooling has been affected and the clicking is more frequent, thats most likely at fault.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply