Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Cujok  
#11 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 3:09:20 AM(UTC)
Cujok

Groups: Registered

I thought the problem was solved. I took your advice and checked the seal. The door while closing wasn't shutting tightly. I checked to make sure nothing was blocking it and like something sticking out from the shelves and found nothing. I pulled out the bottom drawer and found an ice pack behind it. It was pushing out the drawer just enough so it wouldn't completely seal.

That didn't seem to make any difference. The freezer ran for over 20 minutes and i opened the door to check the temperature and it was still 2 degrees. It started back up but shut off because the compressor was too hot. I have unplugged it to let it cool down. My thermostat goes from 1-5, 5 being the coldest. I have it set at 1.5, doesn't that seem awfully low for a freezer? I'm at a loss now.
libertyappl  
#12 Posted : Saturday, September 13, 2008 6:44:19 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

I would suspect your temp control, if you hav it set that low and it's now running over 20 min. How long is it off between cycles now? Nat
Cujok  
#13 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:38:53 AM(UTC)
Cujok

Okay here are the cycle times since correcting the problem that kept the door slightly ajar. The door was never opened during these times. It was better before I fixed the door (on 16 off 9). I think I’ll block the door open again.:(

On: 19.0 minutes
Off: 2.30 – I don’t know what happened with these next two times. I set my watch timer and went up stairs to pour a cup of coffee and came back down stairs and it was running again, so it was only off for about 2.30 minutes.
On: 2.0 – Then it only ran for about 2 minutes.
Off: 10.26 – It seems to have gotten back on track now.
On: 22.10
Off: 10.28
On: 21.39
Off: 10.27
On: 21.25
Off: 10.25
Drags1998  
#14 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 5:54:12 AM(UTC)
Drags1998

Those times seem to be somewhat normal, Is there a reason that you are so concerned with the run times? Temp?, Power bill? Noise? :D
Cujok  
#15 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 6:13:30 AM(UTC)
Cujok

I'm concerned there is something wrong with the freezer and it will stop working while I'm on vacation. I opened it the other day after it had just shut off and after I closed it the compressor started up and then shut off and then tried to start again and then shut off. I believe the start relay was preventing it from coming on because the compressor was too hot which is what I noticed happening a couple of weeks ago which started this whole fiasco. I unplugged it and let it coold down for a couple of minutes and then plugged it back in and it started up no problem. It just seems to be acting strange.
libertyappl  
#16 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:20:55 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Do you know if you had a power outage or power surge before you noticed that the compressor was that hot? It's running more than 75% of time.
Nat
PS personally I can see your concern.
Cujok  
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:25:50 AM(UTC)
Cujok

I don't think we had any power problems. I was just logging the cycle times and then had to open it to get something out and then heard the start relay clicking again just like it did a few weeks ago.

If it was low on freon I should see some sort of residue from where it leaked out shouldn't I?
libertyappl  
#18 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:35:42 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Not unless there is a definate leak and the compressor oil can be seen. Do to the age I don't think the drier had the dye in it then and that requires a special light & glasses to see.
without checking your freezer ourselves, I think the overload inside compressor was damaged. Causing it to cycle incorrectly.
If you have concerns call a tech in your area and have them check the system thoughly.
Nat
Cujok  
#19 Posted : Sunday, September 14, 2008 8:54:16 AM(UTC)
Cujok

Okay thanks Nat.
abbie  
#20 Posted : Monday, September 15, 2008 3:21:04 AM(UTC)
abbie

last time i did the math on a 17min run an a 9 min off cycle it less then 50% Cujok i,am only in the refrigeration trade for 28 years my license#is88-859 there,s nothing wrong with your fridge/freezer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply