Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jim eckart  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 11:28:36 AM(UTC)
jim eckart

Groups: Registered

I received a new control board, but I noticed two things immediately. 1. the ground wire end is different than the one on on the current refrigerator. 2. The number of plug receiver units on the board is six (3 over 3) while the unit in the refrigerator is 4 (3 over 1). Then I noticed on the label on the new board the part number is 200D4854G022 while the one in refrgerator is 200D4854G013 also a part number right below of WR55X10942. The last 2 part numbers are exactly what is listed online in the system and what was ordered. The part number ending in 022 is what is in the rfrigerator currently.

Should I try to use the board or not.

I also noticed the board in the refrigerator is hels in place by platic pins - how do I remove the old board and put in the new one?

Thanks
Jim Eckart:confused: again
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

TravisR  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 4:39:47 PM(UTC)
TravisR

I think you will be fine. I replaced our GE board (same part # as yours) a couple of times, and the replacements are a little different than the original.

Ground wire: the one attached to the board's 2 spade terminals ended in a ring terminal. The original attached to another spade on the fridge. I used the original ground wire, as it plugged right in place of the one that ended in a ring terminal.

Apparently, the new boards are designed to support multiple models, so some connectors will not be used (as was the case on mine). I just plugged in the connectors where they fit properly.

The part number was different from the original board, but is the correct part

I was nervous about the swap too, but it turned out to be okay.

Oh yeah, the pins- just use a needle nose pliers and gently pinch the little clips that stick out from the sides of the pin while pulling the board (gently) away from the fridge. Pop all 4 of them loose one at a time. Look carefully and you will see the little snap lock things on the pin.

Travis
jim eckart  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 26, 2010 5:02:44 PM(UTC)
jim eckart

Originally Posted by: TravisR Go to Quoted Post
I think you will be fine. I replaced our GE board (same part # as yours) a couple of times, and the replacements are a little different than the original.

Ground wire: the one attached to the board's 2 spade terminals ended in a ring terminal. The original attached to another spade on the fridge. I used the original ground wire, as it plugged right in place of the one that ended in a ring terminal.

Apparently, the new boards are designed to support multiple models, so some connectors will not be used (as was the case on mine). I just plugged in the connectors where they fit properly.

The part number was different from the original board, but is the correct part

I was nervous about the swap too, but it turned out to be okay.

Oh yeah, the pins- just use a needle nose pliers and gently pinch the little clips that stick out from the sides of the pin while pulling the board (gently) away from the fridge. Pop all 4 of them loose one at a time. Look carefully and you will see the little snap lock things on the pin.

Travis

Travis,

Thank you very much. I will install the new board tomorrow.

Jim Eckart
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply