Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
n78owner  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:16:39 AM(UTC)
n78owner

Groups: Registered

I have a GE refrigerator Model # PSC23MGMBB. The ice maker circuit board was fried during a power surge. I purchased a new one and installed it yesterday, but the unit is not filling with water. The door dispenser works and I swapped the leads on the back half of the valve assembly to ensure the valve to the ice maker is working. The front half of the valve assembly where the water supply enters does not appear to work when activated by the ice maker leads. If I fill the ice tray with water manually, the unit makes and ejects the cubes normally.

The GE and AppliancePartsPros web sites indicate that the part number for the valve is wr57x10032, but the part on the fridge is wr57x10026. The latter part includes a valve that sends the water to the filter and the return from the filter enters the back half of the assembly for distribution to the dispenser and IM.

Did the 10032 part replace the 10026? If so, is ther another part or parts included in the box that lets me route the supply line to the filter first?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

libertyappl  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 11:30:44 AM(UTC)
libertyappl

Groups: Senior Expert

I'd have to say at one point someone put the wrong valve on the unit.
Nat
n78owner  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 10, 2008 5:47:21 PM(UTC)
n78owner

Groups: Registered

Upon further review, the Model # on the fridge is PSC23MGMABB. When I look up that model number, I see the dual-valve assembly - WR57X10026 (Dwg. Ref #798). This assembly is comprised of WR57X10023 (Ref #795) and WR57X10024 (Ref #799). I have checked 799 and it is functioning correctly. 795 functions when the dispenser leads are manually energized, but not when the IM leads are manually energized.
My questions are as follows:[LIST=1]
  • Why is this first stage valve even there? Is it a safety mechanism to help prevent a flooded kitchen or is it simply to allow one to change the filter without having to shut off the water supply?
  • Can I simply bypass the initial valve controlling the flow to the filter and connect the water supply directly to the filter input?[/LIST]
  • Quick Reply Show Quick Reply