Discuss

Fridge Catch Tray Not Evaporating

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

Hi, i have a problem with a fridge that is overflowing from the catch tray. The fridge is a relative

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Fridge Catch Tray Not Evaporating

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 01:28 PM

Qubit is on a distinguished road
Default Fridge Catch Tray Not Evaporating
Brand: -brand-   Age: 1 - 5 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

Hi,

i have a problem with a fridge that is overflowing from the catch tray. The fridge is a relative unknown make - Haier. It doesnt have a freezer section. The drain plug is not blocked and seems to be draining to the tray OK. However the tray is not evaporating.

My kitchen is not humid so evaporation should be taking place. The inside of the fridge is also wetter than i think it should be. I can only surmise something is amiss, but i dont know what?

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 08-25-2010, 04:42 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

denman is a name known to all

Check that the condenser fan under the unit is running.
If it has one.

Also check that the vents under the unit are clean.

If your drip tray sits over some condenser coils make sure they are clean.

For the interior moisture check that the door seal is clean and sealing properly all the way around the door.
On the hinge side sometimes the seal catches on the frame, to solve this give it a light coat of white lithium grease or vaseline.

It could be that the unit is creating so much moisture that the drip tray cannot keep up.
You may want to check the interior temperature, perhaps it is too cold and is generating too much condensation. It should be 40 degrees F.

Note: Some units have an energy save switch if your unit has this turn it off.