Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nham3407  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 16, 2010 6:27:36 AM(UTC)
nham3407

Groups: Registered

In review of the forum I have noted this GE model tends to have freezer issues. I noted the condenser fan was not turning several months ago and a repair technician stated the part was $300+. In review of this website & forum I have deduced that the motor and the mother board should be replaced. It appears as though the condenser fan is no big deal for a novice to replace, but I am somewhat reluctant about the motherboard. I do not have any electric testing equipment and I am quite the appliance repair novice. The diagram on this website does not clearly identify the location of the motherboard. Is the motherboard easily accessible? With unplugging the power is this repair a simple plug and play task? I would like to save the expense of a technician visit, but do not want to be throwing away good parts because of rookie errors. Please advise on how difficult the motherboard replacement would be and any issues avoid?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.