Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gstoib  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:52:26 AM(UTC)
gstoib

Groups: Registered

Hello -

I purchased a replacement ice maker (order #183313) for my G.E. refrigerator/freezer back in May. I received a model #AP3853272. While it looks different than the orginial, it fits my freezer mounting screws fine. The problem is that this model comes with an extension tube that connects to the existing short fill tube so that it can reach the new fill cup, however the tube comes into the ice maker from the right side while the new fill cup (which only appears to install one way) has the opening for the fill tube on the left side. There seems to be no way the two can connect.

I have made several phone calls to your company after the purchase, and was even promised that a technician would call, but never received a call.

Please help.

Thanks,
Gary
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Matt / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:07:25 PM(UTC)
Matt / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Not exactly sure what the problem is? The ice maker mounts on the side wall right? And the fill tube comes from the rear wall. You should be able to clip the fill cup into the ice maker so the open U is towards the rear wall. It should go in just as it is shown here:

Ice maker

Then the extension tube can be used if needed to reach the new cup. If you are dealing with a problem other than this let me know, if you have a digital camera take some pictures if you think it will help explain the problem better.

This Ice maker replaces almost all the older ones and while it may be difficult to install there is no other ice maker available from GE.
Adam / APP Team  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 3:23:46 PM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear Gary,

GE has subbed the older icemakers to the WR30x10061 electronic icemaker and some changes do have to be made. Since the changes differ depending on which of the origonal icemakers it had on makes it difficult to advise without seeing it in person as to how to install it.

However I did find the intructions for the IM which includes that icemaker.
Click on the link below or copy and paste it to your address bar for the file
http://products.geapplia...Instructions&SKU=IM6
gstoib  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2007 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
gstoib

Groups: Registered

Hi Matt -

Thanks for your response. Yes, the new ice maker attaches to the side wall, but the fill cup attaches to the ice maker so that it also backs up to the side wall. The fill tube comes from the rear wall. There is an opening on the left side of the fill cup that is the correct diameter for the fill tube to enter, however, since the fill tube is rigid and comes from the right side of the icemaker, there is no way it lines up. I'm not at home now, but I'll try to take pictures tonight.

Gary
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply