Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChaoticBliss  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 11, 2010 5:55:39 AM(UTC)
ChaoticBliss

Groups: Registered

Recently the freezer on my Samsung fridge has not been cooling properly. I get no error codes in the self diagnostics. The temperature display has not changed (Still reads -2) but the actual temp inside the freezer is around 32 (using external thermometer). Does any have any idea what the problem could be? The fan seems to be working fine and blowing pretty hard but it just won't cool down anymore. Could it be a sensor problem? I had this problem with my fridge side a while back when my defroster broke but the actual temperature display would change and I could tell the fan wasn't blowing properly, so I am not sure what is wroing with the freezer since it is not displaying the same symptoms..

Thanks for your help
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ChaoticBliss  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 12, 2010 3:52:18 PM(UTC)
ChaoticBliss

Update on the problem. I reset the fridge and that seem to make the temperature display to start working properly. So it actually shows 34 degrees for the freezer now which is correct. I took the freezer side apart, everything looks fine (it is not frozen up or anything and the fan is working well). Can someone please advise what else it could be? I know there are 3 sensors in there. Is there anyway to test these? Again, self diagnostics says everything is fine.

Thanks
Akz  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 26, 2011 9:05:00 AM(UTC)
Akz

If you search samsung refrigerators on the web you will see that there was a class scion suit filed. The coils are freezing up and the unitsr my cooling properly. We are having the same issue w our refrigerator. It resets buy them doesn't cool correctly. I have found info on advising to make sure it's not in demonstrator mode or it could be the defrost detector
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply