Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pharger  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 9:53:02 AM(UTC)
pharger

Groups: Registered

After several years I decided to hook up my icemaker. Upon doing this I have water going to the unit but don't see any water going from the icemaker to the unit in the freezer. Is there a valve to turn on somewhere that I am not aware of? It is a Kenmore refregiator and I don't have the model # with me. Appreciate the help.

Phil
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 12:40:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Phil,

How did you hook up the ice maker?

Do you have a water dispenser on this refrigerator? If you do, does it dispense water?

Can you post the complete model number of the refrigerator as soon as you find it?

Gene.
pharger  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 1:16:28 PM(UTC)
pharger

Gene,

The model number is 71982101 (Kenmore Coldspot). I hooked the water line from the cold water to the unit located at bottom of refrigerator. I have water to this point but none going up the line to the top of the ice maker unit inside of the freezer. I turned on the icemaker in the freezer and it has been on for 24 hours but no ice.

Phil
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, August 10, 2010 3:05:39 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Phil,

Remove the ice maker head cover and check for 120VAC between "N" & "L" test points. Make sure the test probes are 1/2" in.

If there is 120VAC then using an insulated piece of wire (14 GA), short points "T" & "H" to run the motor. Leave the jumper in for a half of a revolution and remove it. The water valve should be energized in the last half of the revolution.

Post the results.

Gene.
SlySmiles  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 3, 2011 1:55:28 PM(UTC)
SlySmiles

Originally Posted by: pharger Go to Quoted Post
After several years I decided to hook up my icemaker. Upon doing this I have water going to the unit but don't see any water going from the icemaker to the unit in the freezer. Is there a valve to turn on somewhere that I am not aware of? It is a Kenmore refregiator and I don't have the model # with me. Appreciate the help.

Phil

Phil,

Did you ever get your ice maker working? If so, what were your solution as I believe I may be in the same boat troubleshooting mine? Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply