Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hrfinster  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 1:42:51 PM(UTC)
hrfinster

Groups: Registered
You have been a member since:: 8/9/2010(UTC)

Have been reading great stuff on this board. Tested water inlet valve to icemaker using pigtail. Also switched dispenser lead. Both worked. water valve is good. Seems icemaker is not giving signal to valve to send water. I unplugged IM from inside freezer and plugged back in, at which point the water ran into ice maker for less than a second, then stopped. If filled with water, unit does seem to be able to make cubes, but then does not refill with water. Any thoughts?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 5:10:13 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Does it have a green LED? If it does, what is the status of this LED?

If it's blinking, then the ice maker has to be replaced.

- The ice maker Part number: AP4345120
Part number: AP4345120

Gene.
hrfinster  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
hrfinster

You have been a member since:: 8/9/2010(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Does it have a green LED? If it does, what is the status of this LED?

If it's blinking, then the ice maker has to be replaced.

Gene.

When first plugged back in, or turned back on, it stays solid green. After some time it starts to blink. Are there any replaceable parts in the unit? There is probably a simple timer or circuit board which is bad.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 9, 2010 5:46:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

This ice maker is electronic and is not serviceable. GE does not sell any parts for this ice maker and even more - GE has redesigned it and replaced with the electromechanical ice maker.

Gene.
edwardsd24  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 5:45:30 AM(UTC)
edwardsd24

I just had the same issue this week. Pulled out the drawer to find a frozen block of ice right below the left side of unit. I melted it down, then turned the IM back on (WR30X10012). The light turned solid green and the arm started turning (not the paddle the detects the ice levels). It seems to just keep turning, but no water ever fills the trays. It just keeps turning. Eventually after a few minutes the LED starts blinking.

I'm wondering if it never fills with water then the IM turns itself into FAULT mode intentionally. Wondering if there is a way to see if it is just a problem with the water inlet valve not being activated.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 31, 2010 12:48:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: edwardsd24 Go to Quoted Post
I just had the same issue this week. Pulled out the drawer to find a frozen block of ice right below the left side of unit. I melted it down, then turned the IM back on (WR30X10012). The light turned solid green and the arm started turning (not the paddle the detects the ice levels). It seems to just keep turning, but no water ever fills the trays. It just keeps turning. Eventually after a few minutes the LED starts blinking.

I'm wondering if it never fills with water then the IM turns itself into FAULT mode intentionally. Wondering if there is a way to see if it is just a problem with the water inlet valve not being activated.

If the ice maker fill tube is clean and the green LED is blinking, most likely the ice maker itself is bad.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply