Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
crabby  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 17, 2007 9:30:06 AM(UTC)
crabby

Groups: Registered

I have an intermittent operation of the ice dispenser. When it is not working, I have checked the switch and have power going in and back out. I lubricated the unit from above without accessing it (under the ice bucket). That helped for a while, but it is inoperative again. I believe that the motor is going. I found your Part Number: AP3776020 which I beleve is correct. How can I find the breakout or directions for the right way to access this motor for changeout? (When approaching from the front panel, I could not get the housing loose, so stopped to order part and find correct instructions.) Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

crabby  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2007 8:26:40 PM(UTC)
crabby

Not much point in ordering part unless there is a way to get help or obtain this information?
richappy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 2:27:14 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Click on your model # above and look at the picture for airflow, this should explain everything.
crabby  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2007 7:56:07 PM(UTC)
crabby

Don't mean to be contrary, but the airflow diagram seems to have nothing to do with the motor in the ice dispenser. I did click item #8 "Motor and ice container" and that is where I found the motor part number. But, it states "image not available" so no help there. The dispenser front (item #4) does not indicate if it is acccess for the motor, nor does item #5, so I cannot tell which way to access that motor?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply