Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rmila75  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 25, 2008 5:16:39 AM(UTC)
rmila75

Groups: Registered

The compressor stopped running in July; circuit breaker for that area of kitchen was tripped, apparently by the frig itself. I replaced the control board myself on this GTS22WCMBRWW model GE refrigerator a few weeks ago because the old board had the usual "burn-out" issue. The new board is the newer version that GE is using as a replacement.
It ran fine for three weeks, then compressor stopped running again; fan continued to blow air. Everything inside got warm.
Repair tech replaced compressor relay and overload. All ran OK for five days and now the same thing has happened all over again; compressor does not run, fan continues to run.
Repair is getting too expensive to be worth it, but I will take one last shot at trying to solve this problem before I order a new refrigerator ( not a GE !)
Can anyone suggest what could be going on?
I know I should try to get the repair tech to come back out and check it at no charge, but I don't feel like having to fight with someone over repair costs on a machine that probably should be scrapped anyway.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.