Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
grouper  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 1:35:58 PM(UTC)
grouper

Groups: Registered

I try to fix what I can but need some direction if anyone would be so kind. The ice maker in the freezer does not fill with water. I can cycle it by jumping T & H for harvest and it does a complete cycle but no water fills the tray. I checked the line and water is on to the brass fitting at the back of the frig. Is there a pump or valve that may be bad? Anything else I can check? Not much for diagnostic tools.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

FridgeDoctor  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 1:47:45 PM(UTC)
FridgeDoctor

Groups: Expert

if the ice maker cycles but gets no water, and you have water at the connection to the back of the refrigerator, then the valve that is at that connection is going to be your problem.

Just a foot note, in order to complete your refrigerator repair, you may have to remove an ice build up in the ice maker fill tube, which is the fat tube that leads the water directly into the ice maker full cup. Sometimes when this valve fails, one of the results is a clogged fill tube.

The safest way to remove this ice build up, without damaging anything, is to turn the unit off, open freezer door for 30-60 minutes, and the ice blockage will likely fall out on its own.
grouper  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 2:00:13 PM(UTC)
grouper

Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.
grouper  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 2:02:54 PM(UTC)
grouper

Originally Posted by: FridgeDoctor Go to Quoted Post
if the ice maker cycles but gets no water, and you have water at the connection to the back of the refrigerator, then the valve that is at that connection is going to be your problem.

Just a foot note, in order to complete your refrigerator repair, you may have to remove an ice build up in the ice maker fill tube, which is the fat tube that leads the water directly into the ice maker full cup. Sometimes when this valve fails, one of the results is a clogged fill tube.

The safest way to remove this ice build up, without damaging anything, is to turn the unit off, open freezer door for 30-60 minutes, and the ice blockage will likely fall out on its own.

That is what I was guessing at. Do you know what the valve is called for ordering? FYI, I did shut the power off overnight and wondered about a frozen line but that didn't help. I will consider it again as I replace the valve. Thank you so much. 1st time on this blog and it is great!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply