Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rmila75  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 4:42:28 PM(UTC)
rmila75

Groups: Registered

I replaced the control board myself on this GTS22WCMBRWW model GE refrigerator a few weeks ago because the old board had the usual "burn-out" issue. The new board is the newer version that GE is using as a replacement. Recently, the compressor was not running, so I unplugged the unit and immediately checked the new board. I found no burn-out or other obvious problem, but I noticed that the black box-shaped components on the board were very warm; probably not any warmer than a PC mother board but warm enough to make me wonder if it could cause trouble, since PC boards have cooling fans and refrigerator boards do not.
Does this seem normal for these control boards?
BTW, a repair tech solved the compressor issue by replacing relay and overload. He did not know what temp is considered normal for the board.
Many thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.