Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BobRegal  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2010 4:14:50 AM(UTC)
BobRegal

Groups: Registered

I have seen numerous requests for a picture and did some digging. Here is the site with detailed pictures of the ice maker;
Ice cube maker - DDWiki

and the infamous Shut off arm spring!
Hope it helps... Thanks to Gene so I knew what to look for!
BobRegal attached the following image(s):
692px-ElectroMech_IceMaker[1].jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

forensicdude  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 5:36:01 AM(UTC)
forensicdude

I just replaced the shut off arm on my ice maker. It tends to do an automatic shut off of the icemaker which otherwise works okay. My ice maker unit (Amana- on a Kenmore labelled refrigerator), does NOT have an arm spring. Thinking of adding small amount of weight to the arm to help it stay in the "on" position. Suggestions ? :confused:
BobRegal  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 11:25:25 AM(UTC)
BobRegal

Thats what I was thinking...... mine stays in the up position after it makes ice... almost like something is sticking...dont know if the freezer is 'too cold' and thats why or not... gonna drop the temp a notch and see if that works first...
forensicdude  
#4 Posted : Monday, August 2, 2010 12:15:46 PM(UTC)
forensicdude

As noted, mine has no spring- makes me wonder of the manufacturer neglected to think about the path if the newly minted cubes and how they might interact with the lightweight metal arm. Otherwise, it works just fine. Will be interesting to see what other replies show up ! Meantime I think I will try a bit a weighty persuasion- a small metal washer or two ought to do the trick. I hope.
sarge197  
#5 Posted : Friday, June 24, 2011 7:58:47 PM(UTC)
sarge197

The spring went on perfectly once I had an image of how it was supposed to fit. The wife first wanted to buy a new refrigerator because the ice maker wasn't working. When I declined to spend $1,000 or more to replace the entire fridge because the ice maker didn't work, she suggested we call "the guy" to repair it. I explained "the guy" charges $95 to come out and diagnose the problem and that it might be a minor issue. After searching here, I knew what to look for. The spring was broken, no big deal.

I found the part online for $4, but she didn't want to wait for it to ship...ice is important when it's 100 degrees outside! So, she went to the local applicance parts store and paid $14.00 for a 10 cent spring! Thanks to this forum, I was able to successfully install it and be the hero!

Thanks a million folks! I really do appreciate the help!
BobRegal  
#6 Posted : Saturday, June 25, 2011 12:02:32 PM(UTC)
BobRegal

Originally Posted by: sarge197 Go to Quoted Post
The spring went on perfectly once I had an image of how it was supposed to fit. The wife first wanted to buy a new refrigerator because the ice maker wasn't working. When I declined to spend $1,000 or more to replace the entire fridge because the ice maker didn't work, she suggested we call "the guy" to repair it. I explained "the guy" charges $95 to come out and diagnose the problem and that it might be a minor issue. After searching here, I knew what to look for. The spring was broken, no big deal.

I found the part online for $4, but she didn't want to wait for it to ship...ice is important when it's 100 degrees outside! So, she went to the local applicance parts store and paid $14.00 for a 10 cent spring! Thanks to this forum, I was able to successfully install it and be the hero!

Thanks a million folks! I really do appreciate the help!

Glad it helped you! This site saved my pocketbook too!
BeerTits  
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 30, 2012 4:03:44 PM(UTC)
BeerTits

I just installed a new icemaker in Dec and recently my ice bucket was filling up with water. The ice ejector timing shaft was stripped at the ice ejector shaft. I repaired that but for the life of me couldn't grasp the springs position. Thx a million for that pic
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply