Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
paulkane@SBCGLOBAL.NET  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 10:17:55 AM(UTC)
paulkane@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Groups: Registered

I have a GE profile side by side (model TFH22PR). I need to know how to replace the door handles without damaging the trim pieces. The diagram show they are screwed on from the outside, but I don't know how to get access to the screws to remove the old handles.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

paulkane@SBCGLOBAL.NET  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 18, 2008 11:14:05 AM(UTC)
paulkane@SBCGLOBAL.NET

Groups: Registered

The color matched trim piece snaps into the chrome trim which is attached directly to the door.I used a very thin and flexible putty blade and starting at the top of the door (for the top trim) and the bottom of the door (for the bottom trim) and slid the blade between the chrome piece and the trim piece and pried it out. I carefully then repeated this process toward the handle until it started coming out on its own.

The replacement handles did not seat flat against the door and when I compared them to the originals I discovered a difference. There was a circular shaped relief in the center of the top and bottom portion of the handle which fit over a circular punch out on the chrome trim. I put the relief in the replacement handles using a router and small diameter bit.

Hope this helps someone else if they encounter the same problem.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply