Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Mouach381  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 7:36:14 PM(UTC)
Mouach381

Groups: Registered

Lightning struck close to my house and took out my power the other day. I have a frigidaire electrolux side by side which I found out that the fan which is located in the freezer above the coils is not working. The coils are ok. Can I just replace the fan or do I have a bigger electrical problem? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

ThatGuy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 1, 2010 5:16:45 AM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Mouach381 Go to Quoted Post
Lightning struck close to my house and took out my power the other day. I have a frigidaire electrolux side by side which I found out that the fan which is located in the freezer above the coils is not working. The coils are ok. Can I just replace the fan or do I have a bigger electrical problem? Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

The winding in a modern fan motor are very fine and burn out easily. It could be you just need a new motor. If you have a volt meter you can be sure. Check the motor windings for continuity and check the wires to the motor for voltage. If the windings are open and you have voltage, its time for a new motor. If you want more detailed instructions I'll need your model number.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply