Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Michelle1985  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 3:50:12 AM(UTC)
Michelle1985

Groups: Registered

The relay/overload switch on my refrigerator was a one piece but unfortunately they went to a three piece part. The first step of installing says insert into prong 1 on the PTC start device but that prong is pushed down and you can't insert the wire jumper onto it. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:09:17 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If the male pin is recessed in the housing, you may need a smaller spade connector. It would help to have a photo. You also might call the parts site, new device should be plug and chug. With yours, you might wire it up wrong.
I just looked at the kit, part #61006186. It shows standard spade terminals on the overload. You might want to look up that part # to see if they shipped you something different.
Michelle1985  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:15:54 AM(UTC)
Michelle1985

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
If the male pin is recessed in the housing, you may need a smaller spade connector. It would help to have a photo. You also might call the parts site, new device should be plug and chug. With yours, you might wire it up wrong.

Thanks. I already called yesterday as I thought too it was a plug and chug. I will call customer service again to see if they got the issue resolved. I have the piece here and would really like to get it fixed so my whole compressor doesn't go. If you go to the website and look at part number 12002794 maybe you can see what I am talking about. I don't have a way to put a picture on Thanks again.
Michelle1985  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:28:41 AM(UTC)
Michelle1985

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
I just looked at the kit, part #61006186. It shows standard spade terminals on the overload. You might want to look up that part # to see if they shipped you something different.

Looked up that part number and that is the one they sent me but in the picture I have that i ordered from it shows the one piece.
Leesat  
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 5:37:25 AM(UTC)
Leesat

It starts and about 8 secundes later i hear click and thatit is the end and after about a minute or so same thing over and over.
What can be wrong ?
richappy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:22:26 AM(UTC)
richappy

Leestat, post this as a separate post with the boxes filled in.
richappy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 29, 2010 8:24:47 AM(UTC)
richappy

For Mischell, if you have a run capacitor to install with this, you will have real problems wiring it in.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply