Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gibone  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 7:04:47 AM(UTC)
Gibone

Groups: Registered

Hi side by side ref. freezer. will not produce adequate quanity of ice , , neighbor has same ref. in her house and complains of sme problem.
. water line seems AOK.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Monday, July 26, 2010 8:33:42 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gibone Go to Quoted Post
Hi side by side ref. freezer. will not produce adequate quanity of ice , , neighbor has same ref. in her house and complains of sme problem.
. water line seems AOK.

Since you did not supply a model number, I can only give you general information.

On average and under ideal conditions, it takes approximately 60 minutes to produce a batch of ice cubes after the previous cubes drop into the bucket(approximately 90 minutes from start to start of the cycle)

The ice maker only produces 8 cubes at a time.

The freezer product(food) temperature should be 0 degrees(+ or-3 degrees) for ideal ice production and food retention.

You may want to check your owners manual for a more indepth explanation and diagnosis for a possible problem, since usage has a great effect on customer expectations.
Gibone  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:31:29 PM(UTC)
Gibone

the Model # of this Bosch Refridgerator B2OCS80SNS /02
WE believe this is a common problem with this product.
Gibone  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 4:33:52 PM(UTC)
Gibone

Bosch ref. and frezzer ( Ice maker ) not making ice continualy what part could be broke . if any. or is it just 8 cubes and that slow the unit is less than 2 years rd.
Joe / APP Team  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 28, 2010 5:52:16 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Gibone Go to Quoted Post
Bosch ref. and frezzer ( Ice maker ) not making ice continualy what part could be broke . if any. or is it just 8 cubes and that slow the unit is less than 2 years rd.

Sorry, but,
There are no broken parts(at this point).

As I stated before, in general all ice makers used in refrigerators today take 60 to 90 minutes(60 minutes average), to produce a batch of ice cubes(8 cubes).

Some brands and models do have selections or options that can increase ice production to as quick as 40 minutes(average).

If you wish to test the production: empty the bin and let the ice maker produce ice for a 10 to 12 hour period. at an average of 8 cubes an hour, you should have 80 to 96 cubes.

This is the way the ice maker is designed to operate.

If there is a major shortage of cubes, then you may have a freezer temperature thats not cold enough(0 degree farenheit).

It may be time to replace the water filter in the refrigerator or on the water supply line,it needs to be replaced at least once a year.

Poor air flow due to too much food product in either compartment.

Poor water flow from the water supply line to the refrigerator itself,wrong water temperature(Make sure water supply line is from a cold water pipe,not accidentally on the hot supply line).

I hope this expanded explanation helps.
jimmyG7272  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 6:30:32 AM(UTC)
jimmyG7272

I have model # B20cs50sns and my ice maker started slowly producing less ice and taking a long time. Now no ice at all? Help!
Thanks
Joe / APP Team  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, October 18, 2011 7:45:34 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: jimmyG7272 Go to Quoted Post
I have model # B20cs50sns and my ice maker started slowly producing less ice and taking a long time. Now no ice at all? Help!
Thanks

Jimmy,

Had difficulty with the model number you supplied. but ,
You need to start by checking the water filter in the refrigerator, it could be clogged or restricted with sediment, and the water inlet valve, it could have a restriction, or a solenoid has failed and will not allow the water into the icemaker.

Good Luck and Thanks,

:) :) :)
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply