Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
baseballnutt  
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 5:15:09 AM(UTC)
baseballnutt

Groups: Registered

I have had a ongoing problem with my G.E. first i changed the freezer defrost heater then the tech said after a 160.00 bill if it freezes up again its the main board so, 5 days later again it did it so i defrosted the coils and replaced the main board with a new WR55x10942 its different than the one i had but i was told it was a new board well i installed it and nothing then i got another and again nothing cant understand this so now i changed the defrost thermoster and again 5 days later again Im getting tired of pulling the panel off defrosting it and 5 days later doing it again any help would be great cant afford a tech again to come out
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Sunday, July 25, 2010 12:01:22 PM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you have solid frost in the freezer, and you did the wiring modifications specified with the new board, you may have a bad connection in the freezer. If you have partial defrost, tell us.
Remove power, pull the cover off the motherboard and locate the 3 pin power connector on the board, it goes to the big power relay. Remove the plug, notice which pins go to the line and def pins on the board. Put a jumper between the mating pins on the connector. Plug the fridg in and check for defrost action. If none, you have a bad connection in the freezer, or possably a bad defrost thermostat ( you can allways temporarily short the wires to it and repeat the test).
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply