Discuss

Replacing Fridge Fan, freezer works, fridge not cooling

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

High I have a Kenmore Elite French Door with bottom freezer which is made by maytag/amana for sears, The fridge

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Replacing Fridge Fan, freezer works, fridge not cooling

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 04:06 PM

dlake1 is on a distinguished road
Default Replacing Fridge Fan, freezer works, fridge not cooling
Brand: Kenmore   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

High I have a Kenmore Elite French Door with bottom freezer which is made by maytag/amana for sears, The fridge stopped working after the power went out, the freezer works fine, I do not hear the blower motor running, I was wondering how you replace the fan motor, from the back, any tips and possible other causes, I heard that there has been problems with fan motors going out on these units, I bought the Fridge in 1994 , any thoughts and comments would be appreciated, Also the compressor was replaced under warranty 2 years ago, so thats new, thank god

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Old 07-22-2010, 04:07 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

Repost with the correct model # in the box
Old 07-22-2010, 04:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by richappy View Post
The Model # is 596.75523400 its a Kemore Elite, french door Frig with bottom freezer, i think it is made by maytag/amana, thanks for quick response
Old 07-22-2010, 05:44 AM

Default Kenmore Elite Frig, model #596.75523400

Quote:
Originally Posted by richappy View Post
This frig is not working, feeezer works, no fan blowing, the power went out for 10 hours , frig stopped working, but freezer works , thanks for helping, my question how do you take frig apart to get at evaporator fan and if you have any thoughts about what else could be wrong , thanks again
Old 07-22-2010, 06:01 AM
Senior Expert
APP Volunteer

richappy is a name known to all

You will need your owners manual to trip the retaining tabs on the freezer door rails, then unscrew all the screws to remove the door. Then remove back freezer panel. Remove freezer fan and test.