Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beachval  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 21, 2010 2:43:00 PM(UTC)
beachval

Groups: Registered

I left rfg door ajar all night, woke up to warm rfg and frzr coils covered with snow. Melted the snow off coils with dryer. put all back together. now frig and freezer are both cooling just fine. But I kept the frzr panel off to check the frost and sure enough it is covered with substantial frost after about 20 hrs. Have read about checking the defrost timer first. But I CAN'T FIND IT anywhere on my model GSS25jsre. Please help me! I don't have a multimeter tester, so was thinking I'd just try to replace all 3 suspected parts: defrost timer, thermostat, and heater. Exactly which parts are the ones I'd need to order for my model? I see several listed for each and don't want to make a timely mistake.

Thank you so much!
Val :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 3:19:11 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You should check the defrost heater below the evaporator, if black with clear spots it's probably bad. Call this parts site for the correct part #
Leaving the freezer panel off can also cause frost problems. You might want to put it back on and see if it now works.
beachval  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 6:15:01 AM(UTC)
beachval

Groups: Registered

Thk you! I'll thaw coils, ck heater element and put panel back now. Do you know if my model has a timer that I can switch on manually? Where would it be? I've taken back panels off and don't see one anywhere.
Thx again for your reply!! :-)
richappy  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 22, 2010 7:06:10 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You have a motherboard in the back that controls the defrost. Best to go for the most probable failure first.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply