Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
flippidymozo  
#1 Posted : Monday, July 19, 2010 9:19:37 AM(UTC)
flippidymozo

Groups: Registered

My Kenmore 59675529400 Trio (bottom freezer) just did what a LOT of the fridges on this board seem to do. Freezer fine, warm refrigerator. I took out the back of the freezer and everything was iced up. Ran a hair dryer over it, closed it back up... the top does seem to be cooling off now.

Everything I read tells me that this problem usually stems from a bad "Defrost timer" or "Defrost heater". Problem is - I can't find either of these parts listed on the official Kenmore parts manual, the Sears parts website or ********************.com.

Where many units seems to have a mechanical timer (in the assembly at the top of the fridge) this one seems to have some kind of electronic board, simply labeled on the parts list "electronic control" (part # 12868513). Does this perform the function of the defrost timer in this model? Because I can't see any other part that seems to do a similar job.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.