Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MISSPEED  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:42:23 PM(UTC)
MISSPEED

Groups: Registered

Dear Sir or Madam, I have a rust stained Water tank in my Amana Side by Side refrigerator. I want to replace it. I ordered the replacement tank from AppliancePartsPros.com and received to plastic fittings with it. I've never worked with this type of connector before. I'm wondering what the best approach to installing the new tank should be?

1. Should I cut the tank leads "inside the refrigerator" and use the connectors inside the refrigerator, or
2. Run the lines to the spot underneath and behind the refrigerator and the kick plate in the back?

My third question is about the compression connectors. Do I need a special crimping tool for these types of connectors or are these just "press in as far as you can and you are all set? or some other approach?

Again, any help would be terrific. I know there are a number of skilled tradesmen out there with the expertise to solve what is probably a very simple fix.

I truly appreciate your help and let me say, Thanks in advance!!

Sincerely,
Jaime :)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.