Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Will Billon  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 9, 2010 2:46:28 PM(UTC)
Will Billon

Groups: Registered

I’ve had problems with my ice maker splashing water during cycling on the rear rigtht side where the water inlet tube entersthe ice maker. I’ve pursued all the usual causes and have replaced the water inlet solenoid valve and installed a new Ice maker to the tune of $500. plus but still the problem persists. The water pressure is not excessive, the water inlet tube is clear and I even tried throttling the water with the manual valve from full opening to barely open to no avail. The new ice maker is mechanically ok, does nor over fill, makes ice, but every time it cycles some water steams into the cube bucket and some goes down the right cabinet side into the freezer drawers below making a mess. I’ve even blown out the fill tube from the water inlet valve to the ice maker with compressed air and it is clear. I don’t think that water line icing is the problem since it will happen even though all systems were clean and ice free when it happens. I understand that a retro fit water inlet heater is available for these older models and I thought that I may have one installed as a last resort. My model is a Subzero 561 Manufacturer in july 1987 ser#642459. Any Ideas? Thanks Will Billon
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.