Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
castillocm  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 1, 2008 3:25:20 PM(UTC)
castillocm

Groups: Registered

Hello :),

I have a refrigerator that is working fine, also the freezer, working fine. It used to be very quiet when we got it in 1999, after 3 years of use we had to do a big moving and I think after that this started to make noise; now is getting too noisy every day I think. The noise is coming from the upper back side. I also noticed a little water (condensation?) running down the back side (were the noise is coming from).

By mistake the refrigerator was exposed to 220 Volts for a day or two, so knowing this, do you think any part got broken and it's the cause of the noise getting worse, what needs to be replaced to get rid of the noise?:(

Thank you very much, you guys are the best!

Cielo
PPLEASE HELP!!! THE NOISE IS KILLING ME!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

stroebels  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 29, 2008 4:23:22 PM(UTC)
stroebels

Groups: Registered

Hi there.

I am no expert, but we experienced the same thing, with some condensation. We found that, in the back of our freezer (inside the freezer) there is a fan behind a panel. Sometimes, condensation will form on the back of the panel, and it will get in the way of the fan. The fan will run, and will hit the "growing ice" in the area from the condensation.

We ended up emptying out the freezer, and actually blow drying the ice until it melted. Then, to avoid this happening, we made sure there was space for airflow between the back of our refrigerator (don't put it against a wall--make sure air can flow behind the unit). We also keep the shelf where the panel inside the freezer is near open to airflow.

Hope that helps!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply