Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DBBromberg1  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2007 7:52:36 AM(UTC)
DBBromberg1

Groups: Registered

I have been having a problem with the feed line for my ice maker freezing up at the ice maker I have to keep pulling it out from the back and running cold water in it to break up the ice, I am thinking because of the age of the fridge/freezer that I need to replace this tube but have been unable to find one?
Over this last weekend this happened and I did as I usually do I clear the ice from the tube and re-install it, then flip the arm to start the ice maker but now I am not getting any water to the ice maker it goes thru the cycle but I cannot get any water into the ice maker?
I have gone to the back of the unit and checked th line it is clear, I took the valve out and took it apart to make sure it is clear, re-asembled it and put it back in and still I am not getting any water to the ice maker?
Not sure if this is important but I do still have water on the door?

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! please
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 1:57:43 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Measure the freezer temperature and post. Go to the back and apply 115 volts to the icemaker water solenoid for about 9 seconds. Icemaker should fill up, if not, either a frozen water line to icemaker, or a bad water solenoid. Loosen the water line to the icemaker and check for water flow while applying voltage ,if none replace solenoid
DBBromberg1  
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 13, 2007 5:35:46 AM(UTC)
DBBromberg1

Why would I need to measure the temperature in the freezer, you think the freezer is to cold and that is why the water is freezing at the ice maker in the line?

I said I cleared the lines so there is no plugged line, no frozen line.

OK update on this I have swapped around everything in every configuration between the valves and solenoids for the ice maker and the ones for water to the door (they are both in one housing) I can only get enough water to the ice maker to fill it up if I hook the solenoid for the door water to the ice maker lines and push on the lever for water on the door, I can watch the ice maker fill up.
To me what this seems like is there is a timer or something somewhere that tells the solenoid for the ice maker how long to run to fill the ice maker and this timer is not working right it is barely putting any water in the ice maker if any at all?

I really could use a hand with this anyone I am on SSI from a work injury (bad back) and do not really have the money to pay sears $50 to come look at it, also all this getting up and down to try these differnt combo-nations to try and figure out what is wrong is not helping my pain level either??

Thanks

Originally Posted by: richappy Go to Quoted Post
Measure the freezer temperature and post. Go to the back and apply 115 volts to the icemaker water solenoid for about 9 seconds. Icemaker should fill up, if not, either a frozen water line to icemaker, or a bad water solenoid. Loosen the water line to the icemaker and check for water flow while applying voltage ,if none replace solenoid
DBBromberg1  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 24, 2007 7:30:03 AM(UTC)
DBBromberg1

This is still not working anyone? I had someone tell me to take a hair dryer and blow hot air on the ice maker for 5 minutes said that it should unstick what is stuck and start making ice I have done it two times and still nothing no water is getting to the ice maker when it cycles?
dentsx3  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:19:37 PM(UTC)
dentsx3

Originally Posted by: DBBromberg1 Go to Quoted Post
Why would I need to measure the temperature in the freezer, you think the freezer is to cold and that is why the water is freezing at the ice maker in the line?

I said I cleared the lines so there is no plugged line, no frozen line.

OK update on this I have swapped around everything in every configuration between the valves and solenoids for the ice maker and the ones for water to the door (they are both in one housing) I can only get enough water to the ice maker to fill it up if I hook the solenoid for the door water to the ice maker lines and push on the lever for water on the door, I can watch the ice maker fill up.
To me what this seems like is there is a timer or something somewhere that tells the solenoid for the ice maker how long to run to fill the ice maker and this timer is not working right it is barely putting any water in the ice maker if any at all?

I really could use a hand with this anyone I am on SSI from a work injury (bad back) and do not really have the money to pay sears $50 to come look at it, also all this getting up and down to try these differnt combo-nations to try and figure out what is wrong is not helping my pain level either??

Thanks

Dear DB
I just replaced the duel pump for my icemaker water dispenser. After replacing, I reversed the plugs because the door was getting water but the ice tray was not. The filler on my unit was clogged with ice. I removed it and took out the clog. I filled the tray with water with the plugs reversed. Waiting for ice to freeze. I'll post if it works. I don't have a way to check if I need the entire tray replacement as you have done. I would suggest you check that pump as they do go bad.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply