Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lindsay86  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 11:20:05 AM(UTC)
Lindsay86

Groups: Registered

My freezer door all of the sudden will not seal completely on the top.I took the gasket off and flipped it over hoping that would work but it did not. Everything is staying frozen but there are water droplets freezing on the roof of the freezer. It seemed that it was sagging on the opposite side of the hinge so I tried adding another plastic washer hoping that would help but it also did not work. I don't think I need a new door gasket but I don't know what to try next. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 2:35:57 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You can try to adjust the door gasket, carefully heating it up with a hair dryer.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for ADMIRAL LTF2112ARW Ref - Top Mount | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
oliphaunt24601  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 19, 2011 11:02:48 AM(UTC)
oliphaunt24601

Groups: Registered

We are having the same problem with ice building up on the top of the freezer near the door. Did heating it with the hair dryer work? or did you have to buy a new gasket? I'd rather buy a new gasket than a new fridge but I'm wondering if the door is just misaligned. The floor of my kitchen isn't very even since it's an older home. Any thoughts?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply