Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bcclark  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 7:59:45 AM(UTC)
bcclark

Groups: Registered

My freezer is going from 0 degrees to 40 degrees and back to 0. Had a service man come out and look at and was told to replace the relay and capactior. Asked him several times if it could be the compressor he said no because is was cooling back off. Well now that its doing this again I am not sure what it could be. I am think it could be the defrost tstat but I do not know can someone please help me?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 12:52:04 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
It is very hard to diagnose such problem because it's not doing that all the time.

Perform the self diagnosis as instructed in the Tech sheet and post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for MAYTAG PBF2255HES Ref - Bottom Mounts | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
bcclark  
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 27, 2010 5:35:17 PM(UTC)
bcclark

Groups: Registered

Gene here are the results on the test we did. We did all of the service test in the tech sheet and they were all normal. It seems like when it is going up and down in the temp that its kind of stuck in defrost mode. We can go for several days and the temp in the freezer is fine but then it starts going up like its defrosting for some reason. I know that the freezer is supose to go into a defrost mode at some point but stay in defrost as long as it does. Everything starts to melt. But once again it does not go over 40 degrees???? This is what makes us think it could be either the defrost timer or tstat or maybe even the heater. So anymore help that you have is very much appricated. Thanks
Gene  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 30, 2010 2:20:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sorry for the delay.

The defrost cycle, together with all other functions of the refrigerator, operates by the control board (#5 on the diagram).

You may want to replace this control board and, if it would not solve the problem, most likely the compressor itself has low capacity. In such situation the correction is to replace the compressor.

- The control board Part number: AP4366538
Part number: AP4366538

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply