Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dhmwlm0429@verizon.net  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 3:45:32 AM(UTC)
dhmwlm0429@verizon.net

Groups: Registered

Compressor WR87X10100 has 5 ports. One Chargeing Port, one suction, one discharge and two Oil Cooling. Can you send me a diagram or explain which is which. I removed the plugs shortly before begining to instal and want to be certain which is which.
I believe the bottom two ports are the oil, the top left is suction and the top right is discharge. Please confirm
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbie  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 6:37:52 AM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

That sounds right..the suction line is the big port on the left,it,s 5/16 inch. It is usually the port that is located above the process port..The right side is the discharge side[high side] normally a1/4 inch. below the high side is the oil lines also1/4 inch.Now the process stub can be use as a charging port. Some compressors you can also use it as a suction line.Unless instructions otherwise say not to use it as a suction port.
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:46:47 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Here you go, I am looking at the installation instructions as I write this. Surprised your kit did not come with the instruction sheet......Looking at the compressor with the wire connections on the left side.... The port by the wire connections is the charge port. On the right side top is your suction line, and the one below it is your discharge port. The 2 ports on the right side bottom are your oil cooler lines, only used if the old compressor has an oil cooler, which it does not. so leave the rubber plugs on, if you removed the rubber plugs, pinch the ends and braze shut. Now the wire connections are as followed.....green attaches to the compressor, ground......orange is your nuetral to the start package and black is your Line to the start package. If you have a white wire that comes from a cap to the old compressor, cut it out it is not used for this new install......Hope this helps.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply