Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nendres  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 22, 2008 10:02:38 AM(UTC)
nendres

Groups: Registered

I have read other posts and am a little confused. I have a kenmore mod# 72132100 built 05/02. It is a top mounted freezer model. There is water dripping from the Top, back, center of the refrigerator, eventually winding up on the top shelf and bottom of the fridge. It sounds like the defrost drain tube is clogged from other posts. Do I need to defrost the whole unit to repair this? Also if anybody knows specifics on how to get to the defrost drain tube for this model that would be very helpfull. What causes this to happen? Is there anything to do different to prevent it in the future? Thanks for any help!

Nick
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

nendres  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:03:42 AM(UTC)
nendres

Anybody have any input?
abadfish66  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:11:07 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Behind the back wall of your freezer is your evaperator, remove that and under the evap is a drain hole get some real hot water and a turkey baster and keep forcing hot water down that hole until it is cleared. It may take a while, but will free up.
nendres  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:25:02 AM(UTC)
nendres

Thanks abadfish66. So the unit does not have to be defrosted to do this and the hole is axcessed from inside the fridge, not from behind it? (This is at a rental, so I cannot just look at it right here.) Is this the result of a problem, or just something that happens from time to time?

Thanks Again,
Nick
abadfish66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 8:56:20 AM(UTC)
abadfish66

Groups: Senior Expert

Yes, you can do this from inside the freezer. This is something that just happens from time to time, When you get done clearing the drain, you can get some wire, strip off all the plastic and wrap one end next to the defrost heater and put the other end down the drain hole to create a heat transfer when the defrost cycle turns on.
nendres  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 23, 2008 9:18:41 AM(UTC)
nendres

Awesome, thanks for the help, appreciate it!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply