Discuss

Ice maker not working

in

Refrigerator & Freezer Repair

. "

I have a side by side refrigertor. The ice maker is not working. It quit a couple of weeks ago

..."

Register | FAQ's | New Posts | Today's Posts | Extras
Appliance Repair Forum > Appliance Repair Help > Refrigerator & Freezer Repair » Ice maker not working

Post New Thread  Reply By reading any content on this site you agree to AppliancePartsPros.com, Inc. disclaimer and Terms of Use.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-11-2010, 01:48 PM

John Shakib is on a distinguished road
Default Ice maker not working
Brand: Whirlpool   Age: 5 - 10 years   

Appliance Parts from AppliancePartPros.com

I have a side by side refrigertor. The ice maker is not working. It quit a couple of weeks ago then started to work and now is not working again. I checked there is voltage at test points "N" and "L". However it is only 45 volts. I shorted test points "T" and "H" and motor started and went though its cycle including water coming into the ice maker. The ice maker has ice in it but does not unload the ice. When it was cold I checked the thermostat there was not a short at its posts. Then I let the thermostat warm up and I still did not have a short accross its posts. I believe I either have a problem with the thermostat or the electric eye that senses if there is enough ice in the ice container. Is there a test point that I can check to see if the electric eye is working. Thanks in advance for your help.
John

See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.