Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
beanzy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2008 7:30:24 PM(UTC)
beanzy

Groups: Registered

Freezer and frig is now warm. The fans all work but I can hear every so often a click near the compressor and then another click, like it is shutting off, about 5-10 seconds after.

The compressor is very hot to touch and cannot feel any vibration. I'm not sure if you are supose to when it is working but thought I would elaborate.

I have it unplug now ans will try it again in the morning in case the compressor overheated or something, just to see if anything changes.

If anyone has had a similar problem like this, please let me know. Also, if it is the compressor, does anyone know how much it is to fix?

Thanks
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

beanzy  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:40:58 AM(UTC)
beanzy

Originally Posted by: beanzy Go to Quoted Post
Freezer and frig is now warm. The fans all work but I can hear every so often a click near the compressor and then another click, like it is shutting off, about 5-10 seconds after.

The compressor is very hot to touch and cannot feel any vibration. I'm not sure if you are supose to when it is working but thought I would elaborate.

I have it unplug now ans will try it again in the morning in case the compressor overheated or something, just to see if anything changes.

If anyone has had a similar problem like this, please let me know. Also, if it is the compressor, does anyone know how much it is to fix?

Thanks

Plugged in the frig this morning and does the same thing. Starts and then shuts down.

Can a bad start relay cause the compressor to start and then shut down? I have read that many times, if you hear a click and the compressor starts and then shuts down, more than likely it is a bad compressor.

Please help........Thnkx
beanzy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2008 10:46:46 AM(UTC)
beanzy

Originally Posted by: beanzy Go to Quoted Post
Plugged in the frig this morning and does the same thing. Starts and then shuts down.

Can a bad start relay cause the compressor to start and then shut down? I have read that many times, if you hear a click and the compressor starts and then shuts down, more than likely it is a bad compressor.

Please help........Thnkx

With all the help from here and other forums, the suggestions were to replace the start/overload relay. I actually replaced the start relay because I got it for free and now, it appears to be working.

Am waiting a few hours to see if it is cooling. The compressor is now running and no clicking noise so it appears that it is not the compressor.

Hope this helps out anybody else with similar issue.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply