Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ron305  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 9:01:24 PM(UTC)
ron305

Groups: Registered

Can anyone please tell me how to replace the door handle on my Whrilpool microwave (Model# GH9176XMS1)? I can't get to the bottom screw of the handle.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

robc  
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2010 12:55:18 PM(UTC)
robc

Handle replacement sucess for whirlpool Model MH2155XPB2!!!

Handle developed hairline crack near bottom and plastic eventually fell off - glued back on as temp fix and ordered exact repl hanle from aplliancepartspro.

After 1 year (and 2 initial attemps aborted due to fear of cracking something) i decided to proceed with replacement but pondered how to access the handle screws without ruining anything else. what i did was open door, remove 3 screws from side of door that secured the whole inner door to outside plastic casing. from top left hand side (where handle is and where if I cracked it it would not be visible looking at microwave ) i carefully inserted a kitchen knife between outer plastic and inner door assembly. note there are many plactic tabs on outer plastic that insert into holes on metal door assembly. with knife pushing gently up on outer plastic to expose hole at top left hand ( by handle looking from inside-out) i inserted a small screwdriver into metal whole to provide leverage to push away outer plastic . ** dont forced anything or plastic will crack ** After i got just 1 tab to release at this location the whole inner assemble just simply swung away from the outer plastic exposing the door handle screws. ** have simeone support the swung away assembly to prevent stress and where in continues to be attached to outer plastic ** i was so happy i attached handle upside down and had to go thru the whole process again! I was cooking below the microwave while doing all of this (NOT RECOMENDED)!

hope this helps - believe me, i understand the stress and concern as i love my Whirpoool over-the-range microwave
ron305  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 23, 2010 6:12:28 PM(UTC)
ron305

Thank you very much! The handle was replaced, but now my door light stays on. The door doesn't close tightly. I have to keep it pushed in to use the microwave.

Please help.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply