Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mschrift  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:17:25 AM(UTC)
mschrift

Groups: Registered

Detergent door "springs" open immediately after closing it. This throws all of the detergent into the dish washer upon closing the main dish washer door.:mad: What part keeps the little detergent door from springing open prematurely? Your input on this will be appreciated.;)
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

applianceman  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:20:34 PM(UTC)
applianceman

There may be black insulation stuck to the back of the inner door at times the insulation will slide down the door blocking the soap dispenser mechanism.

If that is not your problem the latch that holds the soap door closed is connected to the timer. There should be a spring that may be broken. I hope this helps!!

Dishwasher Repair Guide
dude000  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 8:54:43 AM(UTC)
dude000

Hi,
I had the exact same problem with my Magic Chef DU5J about a year ago. There is a part inside the door called a wax motor that opens this detergent door. Google "dishwasher detergent door wax motor" or something like that and you'll find it at parts sites. You can take yours out and make sure it looks the same as what you are ordering. It was obvious mine was bad because it was all corroded from leaks. This dishwasher is getting very old and I am having all sorts of issues with it. If yours is old, after you take off the door you may want to see if it looks like water has been leaking behind the door panel for a while. Hope this helps.
applianceman  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 29, 2009 4:44:07 PM(UTC)
applianceman

A lot of Magic Chief dishwashers have wax motors as you say and yea they cause this problem but GE made his dishwasher. At the time it was made GE didn’t use wax motors.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply