Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sheaa  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 7, 2018 6:37:08 PM(UTC)
sheaa

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/7/2018(UTC)
Posts: 1

The last 2 times I used the oven I noticed a plastic burning smell. the first time we were having an AC unit installed and thought the smell was coming from the installation man doing welding however, I smelled it again and had my husband pull the stove out and we pulled off the back panels. We found a melted piece of plastic where the power supply cord attaches to the back of the range. It is on the left side and seems to be associated with Line 1 connection. We have a 3-wire connection. Can you offer any insight as to how to proceed...New power cord? new stove? Not sure how to attach a photo to this blog but we took a pic of it.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
dave6466  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2018 10:00:03 PM(UTC)
dave6466

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/1/2016(UTC)
Posts: 6

connections will overheat if nut is not tight enough on power cord. pull plug and try to tighten nuts. if loose and connection terminal is still in decent shape, tighten and it should be fine. if melted too bad, you will have to replace the terminal.
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.