Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
stumptown  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 18, 2018 1:34:17 PM(UTC)
stumptown

Groups: Registered

I have a Theramador PRSG304 that my wife and I inherited with our house about 2.5 years ago. Before we moved in, we knew there were ignitor issues and the owner had a technician come out twice too fix them. The first time, the technician actually left the stove with more issues than existed before he started, so I forced the owner to get it dealt with a second time because she was reluctant to do more work. Anyway...

This oven is from the mid-90s. We have had pulsing on the oven element since we bought the oven and now it stopped lighting all together. I just realized its because the ignitor is old and the pulsing was a sign it was going out. It only gets to about 2.6A draw when on for 60s, so I am replacing that. I figured while I am in there, I should resolve the gas top issues. Here's my layout.

NW burner(has XLO)
- Has gas flow
- Will spark all burners, but only once
- To light, need to turn once to prime the gas, turn off, turn on again
- This burner makes a sound like a solenoid is being opened and closed. None of the other burners make this sound.

SW burner(has XLO)
- No gas flow
- Will not spark any burners
- Will not start with a match

NE burner
- Has gas flow
- Will spark all burners until this burner is lit
- Works perfectly as far as I can tell

SE burner
- Has gas flow
- Will not spark any burners
- Can be lit using a match

As you can see, I have basically every combination of problem here. The other thing I am struggling with is that the PRSG304 diagrams on this site are too low resolution for me to read in a way that allows me to check for any electrical issue. Any help is appreciated.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.