Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
artpac2004  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 9, 2018 4:52:18 PM(UTC)
artpac2004

Groups: Registered

I have a Kenmore coldspot side by side. We noticed it getting warm in the freezer and ice melting. The back panel would frost over. I will run for 3-5 days then just stop cooling enough. So this makes me think a defrost issue. I pulled off the back panel and tested the heater coil and the thermostat and both are showing continuity. So this leads me to believe it is the control board. However on sears parts direct i see a control board inside of the refrigerator (part # 2321723) and one on the outside back of the refrigerator (part # W10172546). Which of these 2 parts do I need? One is $60 and the other is $225, would hate to order the wrong one. Both say in description they control cooling and defrost.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mrmrnitz  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 15, 2018 5:42:31 PM(UTC)
mrmrnitz

Originally Posted by: artpac2004 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Kenmore coldspot side by side. We noticed it getting warm in the freezer and ice melting. The back panel would frost over. I will run for 3-5 days then just stop cooling enough. So this makes me think a defrost issue. I pulled off the back panel and tested the heater coil and the thermostat and both are showing continuity. So this leads me to believe it is the control board. However on sears parts direct i see a control board inside of the refrigerator (part # 2321723) and one on the outside back of the refrigerator (part # W10172546). Which of these 2 parts do I need? One is $60 and the other is $225, would hate to order the wrong one. Both say in description they control cooling and defrost.

Did you ever get an answer or figure one out? I have a Kenmore side-by-side, compressor runs continuously, Ice build-up on evaporator coils. Defrost Heater and Thermostat continuity check ok, wondering what to do next.
artpac2004  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 16, 2018 9:06:40 PM(UTC)
artpac2004

Yep. It was the control unit. Found one on ******** for 90.
KENMORE REFRIGERATOR CONTROL BOARD PART# W10172546. He had another one for sale for like 125. Its in a white box in the back of the fridge next to the compressor kind of. 2 screw on the back will let that box come out easily.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply