Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Pirate111  
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 8, 2017 9:57:09 AM(UTC)
Pirate111

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool electric dryer that works and everything but the heating element seems to still be on even after the cycle is over, so it being in the off position or even when I open the dryer door the heating element still turns on and off so it's still getting power to it some how but the thermostats will still turn it off once I reaches it max heat and turn on when it cools off enough but the only way to actually make sure that it doesn't keep coming back on and off and on is to unplug it...
Now I just bought a new heating element and put that in the last one had broken coils and wasn't heating up... their is no issue with the coils I have made sure that they are only touching the ceramic clips and not touching anything else so no short to the housing unit...

so my question is what else can it be?

I don't want to have to buy all these parts just to see that it hasn't fixed it and don't want to have to worry about if I unplugged the dryer and always keeping a timer with me so that way when It goes off I know to go unplug it...

Sorry about the the lengthy post just wanted to be thorough...
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.