Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lerxst  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 6:21:23 PM(UTC)
Lerxst

Groups: Registered

Dryer auto sense is not working and dryer does not turn off. The clothes will be dry, yet it will continue to run and heat, but never shut off. After mulling it over, my plan is to replace the moisture sensor bars.

Before I do that though, is there anything else I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 27, 2017 9:54:46 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

The moisture sensor bars are easily tested with a multimeter, they are simply two metal bars. There should be inf or oL resistance between them if dry, and that should decrease towards 0 if you use a wet rag during testing to connect them.
If one of the plugs to them has come off that'll throw sensing off (though usually toward stopping early, have you recently seen it loose or out of place? That is common on these. And as a warning, if you try to pull that plastic bar from inside the drum be very careful as there is almost no free wire to them and you may disconnect them just trying.
If it continues to run long after load is dry and it was the sensors then the moisture sensor bars would need to be electrically connected, as if a wet item was against them, meaning you'd see low resistance between them, you can test right in the drum by just putting probes against the bars.
Lerxst  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 29, 2017 3:52:50 AM(UTC)
Lerxst

Thank you PNWDrew! I put an ohmmeter on it -- in a dry state, it reads as open (infinity). With a wet sponge against it, it reads around 10K ohms.

So that tells me the moisture bars are working fine.

Additionally, the bars were not loose. I removed them though, cleaned out the lint buildup behind the bars and reseated the connections.

Now what? :confused:
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply