Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tahoemark  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 25, 2017 10:13:08 AM(UTC)
tahoemark

Groups: Registered

The pedal came loose on the left side and a screw fell out. I am unable to open the drawer to fix the pedal. By holding the pedal in place and lifting up, the ram works fine.
I am stumped as to how to open the drawer. I'm not positive of the model number as the manual has 3 model numbers on it and I can't open drawer to see correct number.This compactor has a cabinet panel front with no controls on the outside.
The compactor box is attached to the underside of the counter so I can't pull the whole compactor out either.
HELP!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

tahoemark  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 28, 2017 12:35:38 PM(UTC)
tahoemark

I thought that the foot pedal released some sort of latch/spring mechanism. All it does is lift the front of the box up a little to get over the catch. To fix my problem I simply had to lift the box up and pull out. The loose screw had fallen out of where the foot pedal attaches to the box. Screw it back in and all is well. Feel a little stupid for not figuring this out earlier, but I wasn't looking forward to tangling with the compactor and put off checking it out for a few days.
Kingdom Appliance Repair Services  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 4, 2022 9:12:21 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Appliance repair is ongoing! There are some things you can take care of yourself with just a little support but when the job is too big you might need a someone who is a professional appliance repair. https://www.kingdomappliancerepairfl.com/
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply