Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jason B  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 20, 2017 12:58:06 PM(UTC)
Jason B

Groups: Registered

I have a brand new LG fridge, model LSXS26396S. I got it 2 weeks ago. Today I see water leaking at the bottom left onto the floor. It looks like it's dripping out of the water tray area, and when I now try to fill a glass of water, no water comes out, but you can hear the motor run like normal when you fill water.

Here is a similiar video of what's happening, except now, no water will come out when it did before!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjexcN7uRQs

Any ideas? It's under warranty, but I want to know ahead of time what it may be,.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

PNWDrew  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 21, 2017 11:41:11 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Your leak is probably at one of the water line connectors at bottom hinge. You'd need to pull the grille to see them. They're commonly called sharktooth connectors and often do not get fully pushed together if installers pulled door off or otherwise messed with them. A leak there also means that air enters and the tubing in the door drains whatever was in it down through dispenser spout and into tray.
If you hear the valve him when you trigger dispenser but nothing dispenses there's a good chance the water tank in back bottom of fridge compartment has frozen. Its just a big coil of tubing but it holds enough to give you chilled water on demand. Other possibilities are a bad valve (unlikely) or a kinked line.
If that tank is frozen usually ice production slows or stops also as I think all water passes through that tank.
It should be simple for the tech to diagnose.
Jason B  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:18:53 AM(UTC)
Jason B

Ok, it was actually leaking from the in door icemaker and I noticed that the freezer section was 33 degress. Then I noticed that the bottom two door on the ridge section were at 22 degress when set at 40!!! Brand new unit. LG official trained tech from headquarters is coming monday. I just can't believe this on a brand new unit. I just want all ducks in a row and hope he can see what's wrong. Any other ideas?
PNWDrew  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:37:27 AM(UTC)
PNWDrew

Thats a bunch of issues, rare on brand new units. Probably related. I'd have to see it to get thermistor data, actual evap temps, hear fans, etc.
Let me know what he says.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply