Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dpollock  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 11:35:46 AM(UTC)
dpollock

Groups: Registered

Hi
Dryer control panel powers up but will not advance past sensing. NO error codes. Years ago I got a F 01 and I replaced the control panel. This is different.
Ran diagnostics and got a F 28 ( in diagnostic mode ONLY ) which I thought would be an open moisture control sensor based on research. But today I ran the diagnostics and properly tested the sensor as described in manual and I got appropriate beeps when in contact with wetness. I also bought a multi-meter and checked the thermal fuse and I believe it is bad as it appears to fail continuity.
So my question is, would a bad thermal fuse give a F28 code as well?

I ordered a moisture sensor and a fuse but they come tomorrow. Just wanted to get some advice as I am a novice in this arena.

Thank you
Dorothy
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

dpollock  
#2 Posted : Thursday, March 23, 2017 8:36:26 AM(UTC)
dpollock

I changed the thermal fuse and dryer now runs but diagnostic code still shows the F 28. Is this a saved code, and if so, how can it be cleared. I think I will change the moisture sensor anyway if I cannot find out.
Thanks again
Dorothy

addendum - even after sensor change I get F 28 in diagnostic mode but the dryer runs. Is there a way to clear old error codes? Or should I anticipate this will morph into a control board issue?
PNWDrew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 12:56:13 PM(UTC)
PNWDrew

It may be an old code and I don't know of a way to clear errors on this machine but the f28 error is only present in test mode. Don't fight a working machine unnecessarily, I'd ignore it if all else works normally.
If you actually have a faulty moisture sensor it'll affect sensor dry cycles, timed dry ignores it.
dpollock  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 26, 2017 4:47:17 PM(UTC)
dpollock

Originally Posted by: PNWDrew Go to Quoted Post
It may be an old code and I don't know of a way to clear errors on this machine but the f28 error is only present in test mode. Don't fight a working machine unnecessarily, I'd ignore it if all else works normally.
If you actually have a faulty moisture sensor it'll affect sensor dry cycles, timed dry ignores it.

Thanks - I agree - it's working great. Not worth the hassle to send back the moisture sensor so I put it in. In the end it was just a thermal sensor. Probably due to a large queen sized afghan blanket I dried on an all day laundry day as company was coming. I think it just pushed it over the edge. Thanks for the response.

I have to say I really loved finding out what everything looks like inside ;=)

Dorothy
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply