Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GoogleAndroid  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 16, 2017 8:40:29 PM(UTC)
GoogleAndroid

Groups: Registered

Hello everyone. My roommate is moving out in May and is taking the washer, so I was looking for used ones. One posted to Facebook, the Samsung washer listed, for very cheap so I snatched it up. I was a little suspicious getting as new and nice of a washer as I did for as little as I paid, but I took the risk. I tried it out today and it has some problems.

The washer does not know when to stop filling. It will fill up until it throws an NF error code(which is the result of taking too long to fill), and if I continue the cycle, it eventually fills the entire drum until water begins spilling out of the sides. The first thing I read to test was the water inlet valve, so I unplugged the washer while it was filling. The water stopped as it should so I know the water inlet valve is functioning. Then I took the back apart and saw that the water pressure sensor hose was disconnected from the bottom of the drum. I reconnected it, tried again, and it did the same thing. So, I took the whole sensor out, cleaned the hose and checked for leaks clogs and kinks, and tested that the sensor moves as it should. I put it all back together and it still overfills.

I would suspect that it is the water pressure sensor, but one thing makes me question that. I noticed that the cold and hot water are reversed, even though the hoses are definitely in correct locations. If I use tap cold, the water is tap cold. Yet using the cold setting gives me hot water, and the hot setting gives cold water. I would think that if the hoses were internally reversed, using the tap cold setting would also give hot water. I will test this again to be sure, and perhaps take it apart again and see if the internal hoses are reversed.

So, I am at a loss of what to do. Part of me wants to try to sell it and recoup my costs, but I'm not sure how easy that will be considering the issue. Then there is the part of me that wants to try to fix it and hopefully get it working and keep it. Could the hot and cold reversal mean that the water inlet valve is broken and causing the overfill, even though it stops when power is removed? Is it just that the pressure sensor needs replaced? Or could it be something more serious, like the main PCB?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.