Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fireflynj  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2016 9:13:42 AM(UTC)
fireflynj

Groups: Registered

Hello,

I picked up this fridge used, so I noticed during moving it the back had rust, it looked like it was the water lines leaking running water down the back.
so I have it hooked up for a month now, but never connected the waterline for ice maker and is ice maker is turned off. Later I noticed ice on the back right start right above where there is a screw driven into it holding clamp for yellow and green line.
see pictures here https://drive.google.com/open?id...0wmhFYwlGRlQ5SzF2aEx5dUk

It was a cold spot there and the ice runs down from there, thinking it was condensation, I cleaned it up and put 1/2" foam insulation over this area.
but after a few days I hear clicking ever few seconds, and found the ice is back. (this is what it was under tin before, see second and third picture), I removed a portion of the rusty tin, so now more air might be the problem.
The temperatures inside is good, the clicking I don't know yet, and looking for inputs from anyone that might have some clues.
anyone know what is in the foam in this area? or could it be just air getting through the foam here, thinking of sealing it up next since the tin been compromised.

Thanks.

Frigidaire 3-door, tag inside says Electrolux home products, Model# LGUB2642LF4
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.