Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ernestcmjr  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 12:51:58 PM(UTC)
ernestcmjr

Groups: Registered

We noticed our dishwasher started leaving standing water to about the height of the heating element. I disconnected the drain hose from the sink drain and ran it through a rinse cycle and the pump seems to be working - it just stops pumping before all the water has been removed.

I would like to add that the dishwasher came with my house brand new when we had it built in 2009. We NEVER used it at AT ALL! Until this month, we decided to try it out and were very shocked it is not working perfectly.

Can anyone suggest what might make it stop pumping early, and if possible, how to troubleshoot this? I have checked the motor which is running fine and the drain hose if clear of debree, pretty much new and never been used.

Please help!!!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 1:13:13 PM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ernestcmjr Go to Quoted Post
We noticed our dishwasher started leaving standing water to about the height of the heating element. I disconnected the drain hose from the sink drain and ran it through a rinse cycle and the pump seems to be working - it just stops pumping before all the water has been removed.

I would like to add that the dishwasher came with my house brand new when we had it built in 2009. We NEVER used it at AT ALL! Until this month, we decided to try it out and were very shocked it is not working perfectly.

Can anyone suggest what might make it stop pumping early, and if possible, how to troubleshoot this? I have checked the motor which is running fine and the drain hose if clear of debri, pretty much new and never been used.

Please help!!!

ernestcmjr, First thing to check is the disposal knock out plug. Make sure it was removed from the disposal flange when the units were installed. Then check and make sure there are no twists or sharp bends in the drain line.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply