Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HotPepperFan  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2016 10:56:01 AM(UTC)
HotPepperFan

Groups: Registered

I have a Thermador PCS484GG cooktop that's having ignition problems. The configuration is four star burners, a grill and a griddle.

I was having problems with the four star burners igniting so I've just replaced...

The control unit (BSH p/n 00422882)
    The fixing unit (BSH p/n 00753257)
    The simmer burner potentiometers (2x BSH p/n 00422748)
    The wiring between the fixing unit and each of the four igniters

I figured while I had it apart, I'd replace the igniters too, but the wrong parts were sent.

I'm still having issues. I don't seem to get reliable "spark" each time I try to ignite a burner.

Right two (non-simmer) burners...
Will ignite with a lighter but the cooktop spark will not ignite the burners. Once the burners are lit with a lighter, the ignition source continually provides spark to the igniters even though the burners are burning.

Left front (simmer) burner...
It will light with the igniters and the simmer function is also working. Like the right (non-simmer) burners, when the burner is burning, the igniters continuously try light the burner.

Left rear (simmer) burner...
Initially seemed to be working normally (i.e. would light, simmer and no continuous ignition attempts) but when it was operating in simmer mode, I also put the left front burner in simmer mode. Now the left rear burner will not ignite at all - even with a lighter.

I guess it's possible that I received a faulty part but if not, I'm at a complete loss.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
HotPepperFan
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

HotPepperFan  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 11, 2017 10:11:26 AM(UTC)
HotPepperFan

Originally Posted by: HotPepperFan Go to Quoted Post
I have a Thermador PCS484GG cooktop that's having ignition problems. The configuration is four star burners, a grill and a griddle.

I was having problems with the four star burners igniting so I've just replaced...

• The control unit (BSH p/n 00422882)
    The fixing unit (BSH p/n 00753257)
    The simmer burner potentiometers (2x BSH p/n 00422748)
    The wiring between the fixing unit and each of the four igniters

I figured while I had it apart, I'd replace the igniters too, but the wrong parts were sent.

I'm still having issues. I don't seem to get reliable "spark" each time I try to ignite a burner.

Right two (non-simmer) burners...
Will ignite with a lighter but the cooktop spark will not ignite the burners. Once the burners are lit with a lighter, the ignition source continually provides spark to the igniters even though the burners are burning.
Left front (simmer) burner...
It will light with the igniters and the simmer function is also working. Like the right (non-simmer) burners, when the burner is burning, the igniters continuously try light the burner.
Left rear (simmer) burner...
Initially seemed to be working normally (i.e. would light, simmer and no continuous ignition attempts) but when it was operating in simmer mode, I also put the left front burner in simmer mode. Now the left rear burner will not ignite at all - even with a lighter.
I guess it's possible that I received a faulty part but if not, I'm at a complete loss.

Your feedback will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
HotPepperFan

After the unit started working almost normally (left rear will never ignite) the unit is now again exhibiting all of the symptoms above.

PLEASE HELP!!!!
John Weatherspoon  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 22, 2017 2:36:41 PM(UTC)
John Weatherspoon

Thermador model prse364gls: when power turned on all igniters will start sparking. if i turn the left rear burner on the igniters will stop sparking. if i turn any of the other ones on they light but all igniter will contuine to spark
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply