Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emagowan  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2015 1:44:16 PM(UTC)
emagowan

Groups: Registered

Whirlpool LSQ9010KQ0 model washer. Stopped during rinse cycle. Replaced motor start switch (probably still functional but it was looking pretty beat) and capacitor (confirmed failed - less than 20mfd). Coupling was replaced 3 years ago, confirmed good. Lid switch bypassed long ago. Motor start, run, and low speed winding resistances within specs. Thermal overload is good. I suspect the timer has failed, it's a sealed plastic model and does seem to be noisier than it once was. I don't mind replacing it but I'm not the type that replaces parts 'hoping' it will fix a problem, I prefer to do some troubleshooting first. Any suggestions re: troubleshooting?

I could replace the washer....but where's the fun in that?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.