Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ADS66  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 30, 2015 5:54:08 AM(UTC)
ADS66

Groups: Registered

I have a WFW9400VE01 WhirlPool Duet Washer. It first gave a F71 error sometime during the night (wasn't even being used). We unplugged it and plugged back in and got a F70 error. After another round of unplugging and plugging back in, it shows no error, but just beeps when the power button is pushed. Reading another message on this forum(Appliance Ninja) about an identical model, I took the top cover off, and unplugged the blue wire harness labeled M3 connected to the control board in the right front corner. With this wire disconnected, the machine WILL power on and all the lights look normal. However when I connect the cable back it STILL will power on (but will not start a cycle). I had read that disconnecting this wire and having it power on points to the Motor Control Board. However I've also read that if the drum will spin manually (mine does), that isn't the Motor Control Board. So not sure how to proceed. Is there further troubleshooting I should do to determine the cause?

Thank you!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.