Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andersonian  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 25, 2015 8:19:37 AM(UTC)
andersonian

Groups: Registered

Hi all, new member here in need of some advice.

I installed a new gas range last night. It appears to be working properly, however, 2 of the 4 burners plus the oven all make a humming noise when in use. I can not tell for certain if the noise is coming from the burners themselves, or from the gas line behind the stove. What I can say for sure is that the noise coincides with the amount of gas moving through the unit. The burners hum loudly on high, and the sound goes away on medium/low. The same is true with the oven. When preheating, the hum was loud. Once preheated it was quiet while maintaining temperature. I am certain that there is no gas leaking. I tried contacting Samsung support but they were useless.

Where should I begin? I read some post on line that perhaps each burners orifice needs adjustment but I am not sure where the adjustment screw is located. I also read that if the gas line is bent at too sharp of an angle coming off the outlet that it can cause vibration/humming. This may be the case as I know that we were manipulating the line to get the range as close to the wall as possible.

This evening I plan to pull the range out as far as the electrical/gas will allow and light it to see if straightening out the line helps. IF not, whats next?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.